About This Position
Animikii is a Victoria-based social enterprise (Certified B Corp / Certified Aboriginal Business) that works with leading, Indigenous-focused organizations from all industries to drive positive change for Indigenous Peoples through technology. We are looking for an administrative assistant to manage office operations at our headquarters in the Songhees Innovation Centre. You will provide support to the Animikii team and our clients while also acting as an executive assistant to the CEO. Learn more at www.animikii.com/careers.
This position will play a key role in ensuring that administrative operations run smoothly and efficiently and that our team, clients, and office tenants are well supported. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage incoming reception for the Songhees Innovation Centre, provide support to guests and tenants, coordinate tenant payments, and give tours of our beautiful co-workspace.
- Serve as the point person for office manager duties including facilities maintenance, shipping & receiving, ordering supplies, making purchases, running errands, and offering excellent hospitality to Animikii’s office guests.
- Act as an executive assistant to the CEO.
- Coordinate and plan in-house or off-site activities such as events, parties, celebrations, and conferences.
- Use software to format and prepare documents, spreadsheets, forms, databases, reports, presentations, and other documents.
- Schedule and prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, and take detailed minutes.
- Transcribe material from handwritten notes or dictation.
- Develop, maintain, and improve our electronic filing systems and procedures.
- Arrange staff travel arrangements and accommodations.
- Help with regular bookkeeping duties such as expense reports, scanning receipts, invoicing, and following up on client accounts.
- Research information and provide a summary of findings with recommendations.
- Help with digital communications which may include social media support, writing, editing, content curation, and assisting with social campaigns.
- Update website content using our content management system for internal or client projects and then train clients (in-person, online, webinars) how to load and manage website content.
- Support our giving-back program through pro-bono time, volunteering, workshop delivery or other social impact initiatives that are important to the team.
What We’re Looking For...
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant, executive assistant, or office manager.
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems, and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Drive (documents & spreadsheets).
- Experience working in a remote-friendly company using online tools and software.
- Motivated self-starter; ability to start, manage, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possess developed customer service and interpersonal skills to communicate, consult, and build relationships with clients, staff, and partners.
- Excellent communication and creative thinking skills.
- Express a demonstrated interest in working with Indigenous communities.
- Team collaborators who are willing to wear many hats and jump in to help on tasks, even if it’s outside of their core skill set.
- Individuals who are interested in implementing Animikii’s core values through the 7 Sacred Teachings (Humility, Truth, Honesty, Wisdom, Respect, Courage, and Love).
This position is full-time and based out of Animikii’s headquarters in Victoria. Start date is negotiable. Competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. Salary range is $35,000—$45,000. Self-identifying as Indigenous, having first-hand knowledge or experience working with Indigenous communities will be considered an asset. Please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter communicating your desire to join our team. Closing date for applications is December 14, 2018.