Digital Communications Strategist
About Our Company
Animikii is a Victoria-based full service digital agency and social enterprise (Certified B Corp / Certified Aboriginal Business) driving positive change for Indigenous Peoples by serving leading, Indigenous-focused organizations as a holistic digital services agency. Learn more at www.animikii.com/careers.
About This Position
You will lead the development and implementation of digital communication & marketing strategies for Animikii and its clients. The individual we are looking for is highly motivated with experience and a passion for writing, communication and working collaboratively with our team and clients – always with clear, strategic, and effective objectives in mind.
Content creation and curation for digital communications (i.e. social & blog posts) is a daily activity that typically cycles on a weekly rhythm for Animikii and its clients along with the more general ongoing content strategy for websites and other media.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, monitor and report communications strategies for Animikii/clients
- Map out marketing strategies, driven by proven by testing and metrics
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns
- Create and maintain a content/social calendar for Animikii/clients
- Write in many different voices to a variety of audiences as they are often the public-facing voice (virtually) of Animikii and our clients
- Co-design, enforce, & iteratively develop a “writing style guide” to inform all content creation for Animikii/clients
- Content strategy and information architecture for all of our web projects
- Write website and newsletter content for Animikii/clients
- Load and manage website content for Animikii/clients into content management systems on an ongoing basis
- Train clients (in-person, online, webinars) how to load and manage website content
- Curate content to social media daily, based on content curation profiles that you will develop and maintain
- Maintain graphics on social profiles (ie: Facebook timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, etc.)
- Design, create and manage promotions through paid social ad campaigns
- Coordinate event logistics with Animikii leadership, team and partners
- Become an advocate for Animikii in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Develop a network of relevant media and news contacts
- Assist team with technical writing in software
- Support our giving-back program through pro-bono time, volunteering, workshop delivery or other social impact initiatives that are important to the team
What We’re Looking For...
- Demonstrated experience researching and writing on a variety of Indigenous-focused topics and areas of interest
- Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms/tools, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Buffer, ContentGems, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Excellent writing and language skills
This position is a full-time, remote position however our head office is in Victoria, BC and preference will be given to candidates residing within the same time zone (PST). Start date is negotiable in Summer/Fall 2018. Self-identifying as Indigenous, having first-hand knowledge or experience working with an Indigenous community will be considered an asset.
We’re interested in finding the right person to join our team who is values-aligned with our mission, wants to learn new things, is excited by the idea of doing different things each day at work, and is passionate about helping to facilitate growth of our social enterprise. Please email email@example.com with your resume and letter communicating your desire to join our team.