Digital Services Project Manager
About Our Company
Animikii is a remote-friendly, full service digital agency and social enterprise (Certified B Corp / Certified Aboriginal Business) driving positive change for Indigenous Peoples by serving leading, Indigenous-focused organizations. Learn more at animikii.com/careers.
About This Position
We are seeking a Digital Services Project Manager to facilitate smooth, successful project outcomes and to directly support management as we enter an exciting new phase in our company’s growth.
As a digital agency, many of our projects are multi-disciplinary and range from custom web-based software and website development to branding and digital communications. The person filling this role should enjoy toggling between the technical and the creative aspects of our work as it routinely includes being in relationship with developers, designers, writers, digital communications people, and our clients, many of whom have expertise completely outside of the technology space. Being able to translate and communicate between different audiences and appreciating each is an art that can make this job easy and fun.
This position requires coordinating complex, multidisciplinary projects with an ability to zoom in to the granular details while maintaining a bird’s eye view of the full client portfolio.
Daily activities typically involve conducting client meetings, managing team/client expectations, lots of e-mails, some calls, and managing/tracking progress on team task lists.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with clients to gather requirements, budgets, project deliverables and milestones.
- Creating tickets in our project management software and assigning to team members.
- Project-level and portfolio-level analytics review and reporting to the team.
- Leading regular weekly team check-ins.
- Managing project timelines, team availability and anticipating obstacles to productivity.
- Intermittently assess team capacity, anticipating any need to increase team capacity.
- Assist with filtering inbound sales leads to assess potential client fit.
- Provide direct support to the CEO as the company expands its digital services.
- Support our giving-back program through pro-bono time, volunteering, workshop delivery or other social impact initiatives that are important to the team.
What We’re Looking For...
- 3+ years project management experience in a client service environment.
- Knowledge of project management principles, processes and software.
- Demonstrated experience working in a technical environment.
- Excellent communication and creative thinking.
- Motivated self-starter; ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Customer service and interpersonal skills to communicate, consult and build relationships with clients, staff and partners.
- Experience working in a remote-friendly company, using online tools and software.
- Experience with online co-working tools that we use such as Google Drive, Slack, Dropbox, Clickup, Harvest, Trello and Canva.
- Experience and a demonstrated interest in working with Indigenous communities.
- Certified PMP.
- Familiarity with SCRUM/Agile methodologies.
- Degree or diploma in computer science, software engineering or business.
- Basic graphic design skills.
This position is a full-time, remote position however our head office is in Victoria, BC. Start date is negotiable in Spring/Summer 2018. Self-identifying as Indigenous, having first-hand knowledge or experience working with an Indigenous community will be considered an asset.
We’re interested in finding the right person to join our team who is values-aligned with our mission, wants to learn new things, is excited at the idea of not doing the same thing every day, and is passionate about helping to facilitate growth of our social enterprise. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter communicating your desire to join our team. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.