Digital Communications Strategist
We are seeking a values-aligned candidate to lead the development and implementation of digital communication & marketing strategies for Animikii and its clients. We are looking for someone who is highly self-motivated with plenty of experience with writing, communication and working collaboratively within a team. They will share stories and insight into organizations, with clear, strategic, and effective narratives in mind.
Animikii is a Victoria-based social enterprise (Certified B Corp / Certified Aboriginal Business) that works with leading, Indigenous-focused organizations from all industries to drive positive change for Indigenous Peoples through technology. We’re a remote-friendly organization and would be open to fully remote or a mixed schedule of in-office and remote work. Learn more at ANIMIKII.COM/ABOUT/CAREERS.
Content creation and curation for digital communications (i.e. social & blog posts) is a daily activity that typically cycles on a weekly rhythm for Animikii and its clients along with the more general ongoing content strategy for websites, software and other media. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, monitor and report metrics according to our communications strategy process for Animikii and our clients
- Create and manage marketing promotions through paid social ad campaigns
- Analyze campaigns and translate qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns
- Create and maintain a content/social calendar for Animikii and our clients
- Write in many different voices to a variety of audiences as they are often the public-facing voice (virtually) of Animikii and our clients
- Content strategy and information architecture for all of our web projects
- Write website and newsletter content for Animikii and our clients
- Load, update and manage website content for Animikii and our clients on a content management system
- Train clients (in-person, online, webinars) how to load and manage website content
- Curate content to social media daily, based on content curation profiles that you will develop and maintain
- Maintain graphics on social profiles (ie: Facebook timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, etc.)
- Coordinate event logistics with Animikii leadership, team and partners
- Become an advocate for Animikii in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Develop a network of relevant media and news contacts
- Assist team with technical writing in software and navigational how-to manuals
- Co-design, enforce, & iteratively improve our “writing style guide” to inform all content creation for Animikii and our clients
- Arrange interviews, record audio, edit and share Indigenous Innovator podcasts on all our social media platforms
- Support our giving-back program through pro-bono time, volunteering, workshop delivery or other social impact initiatives that are important to the team
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
In an ideal world, we are looking for someone with the following combination of skills and experience. This is our wish list however we’re willing to give anybody who is values-aligned and passionate about the opportunity consideration for the role:
- A degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or study in a similar field
- Demonstrated experience researching and writing on a variety of Indigenous-focused topics and areas of interest
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application
- Comprehensive research and writing experience
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms/tools, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram,
- Pinterest, Buffer, ContentGems, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Excellent writing portfolio and extensive language skills
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND ACCESSIBILITY
Animikii is diversity in tech in action and we value a diverse workforce. Indigenous people, people of color, women, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA2S+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. Animikii believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our team culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please let us know.
HOW TO APPLY
Animikii’s headquarters are in Victoria however we’re a remote-friendly organization and would be open to fully remote or a mixed schedule of in-office and remote work. Competitive employment benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. This is a full-time employment opportunity or contract opportunity and the start date is negotiable. Please email CAREERS@ANIMIKII.COM with your resume and letter communicating your desire to join our team. In your letter, please address the following five topics in the order described below:
- Describe two things that attracted you to this job opportunity at Animikii?
- Why do you want to work at an Indigenous-focused organization like ours?
- Which of our values are most important to you in the workplace (Humility, Truth, Honesty, Wisdom, Respect, Courage and Love)?
- What role have you held in the past that you sense is most similar to this role — or — what life experiences have you had that you sense have prepared you most for this role?
- Operating as a social enterprise, giving back is a core foundation at Animikii. How would you use technology, innovation, your energy, and company resources to give back to the community?
Self-identifying as Indigenous, having first-hand knowledge or experience working with an Indigenous community will be considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.