Animikii is a Victoria-based social enterprise (Certified B Corp / Certified Aboriginal Business) that works with leading, Indigenous-focused organizations from all industries to drive positive change for Indigenous Peoples through technology. Learn more at animikii.com/about/careers.
The Partnerships Coordinator supports our growth, business development activities, and helps us expand to new markets. This multidisciplinary role actively participates in our full business development process and directly supports the expansion of our team, services & products. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Learn Animikii’s products, services, social impact goals, target markets and partners.
- Assist our sales and business development efforts with customer development such as engaging with inbound requests, attracting new clientele, participating in sales meetings, writing proposals, and following up with active leads.
- Assist with lead generation activities like email campaigns and market research activities that contribute to developing meaningful relationships with clients.
- Manage deals by attending meetings with prospective clients, recording notes and asking questions to ascertain scope, identify unknowns, gathering a sense for budget and what solutions we might propose.
- Assist with the development, planning, and execution of advertising campaigns.
- Business development research skills such as; lead generation, finding contact information and other business research tasks.
- Prepare reports, briefs, speeches, presentations, RFP responses, proposals, website content and press releases.
- Represent Animikii at trade shows, conferences, public speaking or networking events.
- Arrange interviews, news conferences, public events, and PR outreach.
- Provide direct support to the Animikii team, wear many hats and jump in wherever needed as the company expands.
- Successful candidates will have a chance to support our giving-back program through pro-bono time, volunteering, workshop delivery, Impact Circle roles and other social impact initiatives that are important to the team.
What We’re Looking For…
In an ideal world, we are looking for someone with the following combination of skills and experience. This is our wish list however we’re willing to give anybody who is values-aligned and passionate about the opportunity consideration for the role:
- Experience and a demonstrated interest in working with Indigenous communities.
- Individuals who are interested to implement and lead through Animikii’s core values: Humility, Truth, Honesty, Wisdom, Respect, Courage and Love
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask and rapidly refocus on different aspects of sales & marketing.
- Experience working in a remote-friendly company, using online tools and software to manage projects and team members.
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate, consult and build relationships with clients, staff and partners.
- Individuals interested in participating in a coaching and professional improvement environment as a focus of the sales team culture.
- Team collaborators who are willing to work in a dynamic, growing organization and are excited at the idea of wearing many hats and jumping in to help on tasks, even if it’s outside of their core skill set or job description.
- Understanding and adept at using social media.
- Degree, diploma or certificate in any field.
- Spoken fluency in French or an Indigenous language is considered an asset.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Animikii is diversity in tech in action and we value a diverse workforce. Indigenous people, people of color, women, people with disabilities, and members of the Two Spirit (2S) & LGBTQIA+ communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Animikii believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our team culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please let us know.
How to Apply
This position is remote-friendly and the start date is negotiable. Closing date for applications is February 28th, 2021. Competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and letter communicating your desire to join our team. In your letter, please address the following five topics in the order described below:
- Describe two things that attracted you to this job opportunity at Animikii?
- Why do you want to work at an Indigenous-focused organization like ours?
- Which of our values are most important to you in the workplace (Humility, Truth, Honesty, Wisdom, Respect, Courage and Love)?
- What role have you held in the past that you sense is most similar to this role — or — what life experiences have you had that you sense have prepared you most for this role?
- Operating as a social enterprise and giving back are foundational to our work at Animkii. How would you use technology, innovation, your energy and company resources to give back to the community?
Self-identifying as Indigenous, having first-hand knowledge or experience working with an Indigenous community will be considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.