About This Position
Animikii is a Victoria-based social enterprise (Certified B Corp / Certified Aboriginal Business) that works with leading, Indigenous-focused organizations from all industries to drive positive change for Indigenous Peoples through technology. Learn more at animikii.com/about/careers.
We are currently looking to expand our team with an experienced Product Manager to manage software development projects for Animikii’s client projects as well as our internal products. Daily activities typically involve leading client meetings, managing projects, running agile software development, and supporting the team to develop effective software with a keen focus on user experience and usability. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with Animikii’s clients on project requirements, deliverables, and progress.
- External point of contact for clients on all software projects. Internal point of contact for Animikii team members across all software projects.
- Facilitating agile/scrum, including regular team stand-ups and task estimation.
- Lead the development of project retrospectives to facilitate team discussion and documentation of lessons learned.
- Define project requirements through detailed needs analysis and technical roadmapping, which include conducting client and stakeholder interviews, research, strategic analysis and technical documentation.
- Design and develop user interface design wireframes and user flow diagrams through Sketch, Adobe XD, Balsamiq, Omnigraffle or similar.
- Managing project timelines, team availability and anticipating obstacles to productivity.
- Ensure thorough testing and quality assurance for all software projects.
- Write and develop policies and procedures to ensure the technical team is as consistent and effective as it can be.
- Provide direct support to the executive team as the company expands its software development services.
- Support our giving-back program through pro-bono time, volunteering, workshop delivery, Impact Circle roles and other social impact initiatives that are important to the team.
What We’re Looking For...
In an ideal world, we are looking for someone with the following combination of skills and experience. This is our wish list however we’re willing to give anybody who is values-aligned and passionate about the opportunity consideration for the role:
- 4+ years software product management experience in a client service environment.
- Knowledge of software management principles, processes and software, including agile and scrum methodologies.
- Experience in developing product roadmap strategy, defining technical product requirements, and managing product delivery.
- Track record of successfully launching multiple software products and features.
- Demonstrated experience in UI/UX development, including writing user personas, user stories, and developing clickable wireframes and prototypes.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask and rapidly refocus on different aspects of production.
- Motivated self-starter; ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and team members.
- Experience working in a remote-friendly company, using online tools and software to manage projects and team members.
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate, consult and build relationships with clients, staff and partners.
- Team collaborators who are willing to wear many hats and jump in on many aspects of our projects, even if it’s outside of your core skill set.
- Experience and a demonstrated interest in working with Indigenous communities.
Individuals who are interested in implementing Animikii’s core values (Humility, Truth, Honesty, Wisdom, Respect, Courage and Love).
- Certified PMP
- Degree or diploma in computer science, software engineering, or business.
- Familiarity with any programming language (but ideally Ruby on Rails).
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Animikii is diversity in tech in action and we value a diverse workforce. Indigenous people, people of color, women, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA2S+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. Animikii believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our team culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please let us know.
How to Apply
Animikii’s headquarters are in Victoria however we’re a remote-friendly organization and would be open to fully remote or a mixed schedule of in-office and remote work. Start date is negotiable. Competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter communicating your desire to join our team. In your cover letter, please address the following topics in the order presented below:
- Describe two things that attracted you to this job opportunity at Animikii?
- Why do you want to work at an Indigenous-focused organization like ours?
- Which of our values are most important to you in the workplace (Humility, Truth, Honesty, Wisdom, Respect, Courage and Love)?
- Operating as a social enterprise, giving back is a core foundation at Animkii. How would you use technology, innovation, your energy, and company resources to give back to the community?
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.